Welcome To Engelsma Homes
Building Custom Homes in West Michigan for Over 20 Years
A big “thank you” to all that visited our 2016 Fall Parade Home this past October! We would like to congratulate Kate Nawrot as the winner of our recent Facebook contest. She will be receiving a $150 Lowe’s gift card. A big thanks to Kate and all who attended the Parade of Homes. We look forward to seeing you at the Spring Parade!
Why Choose Engelsma Homes
- Our integrity and reputation is central to our company
- Working with our customers is a team effort
- We are committed to excellence and customer satisfaction
- We have over 20 years experience in building custom homes in West Michigan
- We work in a timely manner to build a quality home
- A locally owned family business with deep roots in the community
- We utilize high quality building products throughout our homes
- We utilize superior craftsmanship in our homes
- All of our subcontractors have many years of experience
The Engelsma Homes team is absolutely key to the satisfaction of our clients and the success of our business. The dedication and abilities of our team combine to provide exceptional results from planning and design, through completion of your new home.
Custom Cabinetry by Our Own Craftsmen
What Others are Saying
We first heard about Engelsma Homes through friends who also built with Engelsma. Their homes really stood out from any other builder because of sale’s follow up, attention to detail through the RFQ process and also their hard work in the finished product. (Read More)- Bill
The whole team was always very responsive if we had any questions or concerns during the building process. The finished product was a high-quality, beautiful home that I love. Everyone who tours our home remarks about the outstanding quality and attention to detail. I would definitely choose Engelsma Homes again, and I would highly recommend them to others who are considering building a fabulous new home. (Read More)- Colleen
What I like best about Engelsma Homes is that they honestly care about customer satisfaction. Their team did whatever it took to ensure our happiness, even years after our house was built. They truly take pride in what they do. Thanks! (Read More)- Mike
Need Ideas For Those Important Spaces?
Our System For Building Great Homes
#1 Starting Right
- Meet with the Engelsma sales team to review the custome home building process.
- View available lots and evaluate which lot has the best potential. The differences will be hilighted along with any change in costs based on the specific lot.
- Develop the site master plan which can include any future interests for the site (pool, barn, garden, outdoor living, etc.)
- Tour some of our completed homes to establish general styling and needed spaces.
- Review energy efficiency and green building practices.
- Start plan design process with room layout and preliminary elevations.
- Generate pricing summary based on the lot and preliminary plans.
- Tour additional homes with preliminary plans to verify room sizing.
- Place stakes on the property showing the location of the home on the lot.
- Finalize floor plan based on your feedback and site plan.
- Present fixed bid proposal for your new home,
- Signing the New Home Construction Agreement and send construction package to lender for financing.
- Start construction
#2 The Custom Home Building Process
- Construction will begin after financing is completed.
- Introduction to project manager, interior designers, and our scheduling systems.
- Review the key dates for your custom home project.
- Begin the selection process by meet with your project designer. They will lead you through the process of selections, setting up appointments, meet at showrooms, track budgets, place orders, and keep everything on track for scheduling.
- Review custom cabinetry designs and interior trim features for your home. A tour of our cabinetry shop is available.
- Project manager will keep you informed of the progress of the home with weekly schedules, updated photos, and make themselves available to meet you onsite to review any questions and/or changes.
#3 Move-In & Wrap-Up
- Home completion date is financially guaranteed at the beginning of the project; therefore, you can expect to move in on time.
- Prior to move-in, the project manager and service coordinator will do a thorough walk through and home orientation with you.
- We value a lifetime relationship with our clients. Our service coordinator is dedicated to helping you with any questions or concerns after move-in, and will coordinate any warranty concerns should they arise.
- While our construction agreement includes a 1 year written warranty, we pride ourselves in our commitment to helping resolve any concerns with your new home, for as long as you own it.
- Relocating? We often work with relocation clients; therefore, our team has refined the processes for long distance builds.